Saturday, January 24, 2015

Invited to Church

For the first time in years, I was invited to church.

It seems like a simple gesture, but it really moved me.


I left a church I loved for a long time a few years ago (maybe I'll talk about this in another post sometime). I have been researching churches in the area online for a long time, trying to find churches that are LGBTQ affirming.  In small-town Ohio, that is quite the challenge.  Halley and I have tried new churches here in Bowling Green and elsewhere. Our favorite church was in the Sylvania area, but it was a 40 minute drive on Sunday mornings. We went steadily for a while, but when winter hit last year, we found ourselves stuck in BG more often than not.


Yesterday, I was invited to church.  The invitation was heartfelt and sincere.  I was so moved by the gesture, I cried.  I didn't realize how powerful an invite could really be.

I can't wait to go! I can't wait to experience worship. I can't wait to meet new people. I can't wait to see what it's like.

Excited :)
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2014 for katies